Wednesday 27 December 2017

From the Heart of a Copy Editor by Sheila Glasbey

From the Heart of a Copy Editor - (the 10 most common mistakes and how to fix them) by Sheila Glasbey

Genre: educating and reference, Writing, editing

Available as an ebook only - UK edition only, at time of writing this review.  

As a writer, I’m always looking for something to help me improve my writing. As a teacher, who has to ensure I can support my students with their SPAG (spelling, punctuation and grammar) I’m always on the lookout for a book I can recommend to my students.

This book’s written in a light-hearted and chatty manner making it a far more enjoyable way of learning than ploughing through some of the more conventional grammar books.

It’s written by professional copy editor and is based on her experiences working for other writers. It covers ten common mistakes made by all levels of writers. It includes simple to follow explanations and includes easy to follow samples that provided me with that ‘lightbulb moment’ - when something clicks and you suddenly understand.


It’s a book I’ll be keeping near to hand as I write, just so I can double check my SPAG and one I can recommend to my students.

Reviewer: Lynne Garner 

No comments:

Post a Comment